Vacancy Announcement for Accounts Officer
Date : 23 Jun 2021
Network for Information, Response And Preparedness Activities on Disaster (NIRAPAD), a network, works for reducing disaster risk in Bangladesh through diminution of disaster related information and knowledge gap and strengthening DRM abilities of the development organisations and communities. NIRAPAD plays a significant role in DRM sector through generating and disseminating knowledge, providing technical support in DRR and CCA and maintaining partnership and collaboration with humanitarian organisations.
NIRAPAD is currently looking for young, dynamic and result oriented personnel for the following position:
Position: Accounts Officer
No. of Vacancy: 01
- Prepare all kind of vouchers and maintain books of accounts;
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement;
- Prepare monthly financial statement;
- Manage Cash and Bank transactions;
- Cheque writing & disbursement and Custodian Cash & Cheque book;
- Process Procurement goods and services;
- Manage Store and fixed assets;
- Keep all financial books and records updated for the audit of the organization's accounts;
- Ensure deduction of Vat, Tax before payment to vendor & consultant and timely deposit to govt. treasury;
- Maintain Tax & VAT Register as per requirement of NGOAB/Govt.
- Provide support External and Donor Audit;
- Assist to prepare yearly financial statement;
- Provide timely logistic support to program department for implementing the program;
- Provide any other relevant tasks assigned by the Authority.
Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies
- Masters in Commerce (M. Com.)/MBA (major in Accounting and Finance) or relevant subject.
- At least 2-3 year(s), working experience in financial management of donor funded project preferably with NGO.
- Proven skill in financial management, GAAP, VAT, Tax, etc.
- Proficiency in computer, Microsoft office (Word, excel, PowerPoint) and email communication are essential.
- Good administrative and leadership skills, ability to work in a team, good interpersonal skill, organizing and problem solving abilities and good skill in Office Management.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali.
- Clear concept on different procurement/payment procedure.
- Facilitation of Internal and external audit.
- Hands-on experience on Tally or other Accounting software.
Job Location: Dhaka (20% field visit)
Salary: Tk. 25,000.00 – Tk. 30,000.00 (Based on prior experience)
Please send your updated CV along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14 July 2021.
NIRAPAD is an equal opportunity employer.